Help Your Kids Get Excited for School
Summer is winding down and kids are going back to school at The Tutoring Center in Marietta
, we know how much of a drag this can be for students. Today, we'd like to share a few tips to help your kids get back into the swing of school, without over exasperating themselves.
Prepare in Advance
- Many schools will offer some material to help your students familiarize themselves with the new curriculum before the session starts. Along with reviewing information learned in the previous year, reviewing just a little bit will really take some heavy stress off come the first round of exams.
- Know the layout of your school and where each class is. Schools today can be really crowded, and getting from one class to another difficult. Knowing in advance exactly where to be and when to be there can save a lot of embarrassment from being late the first week.
- Seek expert help from a private learning center near you for detailed one-to-one tutoring if necessary.
Once settled into their new classes, it is crucial to meet fellow classmates
and do whatever possible to build a positive relationship with the teacher.
- Exchange contact information with multiple peers in case you miss a class and need to get the notes from someone.
- Also, studying in small groups greatly improves exams scores, so the more friends in every class, the better!
To establish a good connection with the teachers, it's important to show them seriousness and personality. Although it should go without saying, always address teachers with respect. A few good ways to earn their respect back are:
- Asking for special help during resource hours when something is unclear.
- Giving help to other students in class when they may need it.
- Do your work... ALWAYS AND ON TIME!!
Tutoring in Marietta GA
By starting early and getting into a routine at the beginning of the year, it sets all students up to succeed during the rest of the term. Throughout the year, private tutoring
is still very helpful for most students, so for more information about The Tutoring Center in Marietta's
professionally designed academic programs, contact us today at 770-977-1888